Yesterday, Jamie and I flew from Brussels to Nice, France for a 3 day stay on the French Riviera. We got to Nice at 10:30am so we had all day to spend at the beach and needless to say we paid for it. BURNT! I am not near as bad as Jamie since I have been running shirtless nearly everyday this summer, but Jamie is fried. Last night we walked through the shops of Old Town Nice, and then over to the Port of Nice, and had an amazing dinner of pasta and seafood at Le Nautique right on the harbor at sunset. We got to watch a few cruise ships come in from Corsica, Italy while we were there. Then while we were at dinner the waiter informed us that it was Bastille Day in France and that there were going to be fireworks launched from a battleship on the water in front of the beach. We timed it perfectly and got to watch them from a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean! This morning I went for an easy 9 mile run on the cliffs into Villefranche Bay which is in between Nice and Monaco. Now we are headed out for coffee and pastries, pick up some aloe and SPF 9000, and then we are going to rent a scooter and drive along the coast into Italy. Here are a few pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment