Yesterday, Jamie and I had some chocolate and banana crepes for breakfast and then rented a scooter to drive along the coast. We stopped at a lighthouse on the point of Villefranche Bay. We found some places to get down to the water and decided to take a dip to cool off. Then we headed into the Principality of Monaco and stopped again at the Port de Hercules of Monte Carlo for lunch. This place is one of the wealthiest on earth with no income taxes in Monaco....making it an absolute haven for the rich and famous. I cant even describe the yachts in this harbor.....probably 3 times the square feet of my home on water. Not to mention, Bentley's, Ferrari's, Rolls Royce's are no longer impressive to me since we saw way too many to count. As for Mercedez Benz & BMW ---the standard of mediocrity here. I told Jamie if I lived here I would drive a Ford Escort because you would get noticed more for that than your nice car. After Monte Carlo, we headed further east (much to Jamie's dismay) to Menton, the last city in France, and then across the border into Italy. On the way back to Nice, we accidentally took the high road along the cliffs, but it worked out well as the view was priceless. Here are a few pictures. We're going to get some more crepes!
No comments:
Post a Comment