- It's a slow news day at Casa de Olinger but I have nothing else to do between two 5 mile easy runs so I may as well rant on here. I mean that's what a blog is for anyway right? The dogs are cashed out downstairs on the couch together while I devour this delicious salami and cheese sandwhich. It's probably safe to say that I have an addictive, yet fairly boring personality. I have not had a lunch sandwich other than salami and cheese while under my own roof in nearly three years. Now that's not to say it hasn't gone through an evolutionary process in those three years, but it has never strayed too far from the basic principles. What used to be two slices of Home Pride, 12 thinly sliced pieces of hard salami, a piece of swiss cheese and ketchup three years ago has now become two slices of Home Pride, 14 slices of thinly sliced hard salami (8 on bottom & 6 on top), 2 slices of swiss cheese (alternating layers of salami and swiss), and honey mustard. Side items vary daily as I only pick three from a menu of four that includes Raspberry Yogut, Chocolate Swirl Pudding Pack, Strawberry Applesauce, and Snyder Pretzel Nuggets.
- I haven't figured why I can't indent on this thing and have it show up in the actual post as to indicate a new thought so I guess these bullets will have to suffice.
- No, I didn't watch the President's speech on tv last night before a joint session of Congress. Yes, I had an excuse. I was caught up between watching House as well as the Cavs game that happened to be on at the same time and my remote's "previous channel" button only lets me pick two channels to rotate with so something had to give. And, quite frankly, the thought of looking at Nancy Pelosi seated behind him for any amount of time isn't very motivating! That should all change soon though as I heard DVR for every household in America is part of the new stimulus package. The highlights this morning ended up being inspiring enough and I'm happy to report that my confidence has been restored because our new President "gets it." Is it just me or is it ironic that borrowing money is what got us in this mess in the first place?
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey brian/jamie! its jacie (burr) wright :) i found your blog through lindsey and chad's blog. welcome to the blogging world! we have a blog as well... avingtonlynn.blogspot.com its mainly about our daughter, but if you ever get bored... check us out :)
ReplyDelete