
It's Monday morning and I have already had my customary 1.75 bowls of Honey Nut Cheerios and 2 mugs of coffee. I spent the last month or so living high on the hog consuming a delicious blend of Dunkin Donuts. However, in the wake of my last Roth IRA statement, changes had to be made and instead it's now a peasant blend of Folgers. I also thought I would mention that it took me, in all honesty, over an hour to get on the internet this morning. After Jamie leaves for work, I have to move the party upstairs to the office which means booting up the Dell Inspiron 8200. It's completely understandable if you're not familiar with this model as it hit it's peak back in 2002 or so. And, much like dog years, in computer years this would put it smack in the middle of it's golden era. It's really been downhill for this fine piece of machinery since it made the journey to Utah a few months ago. I suppose the cause could be rooted back to a couple of things: 1. The Monopoly Board Game torrent that was disgustingly infected with Trojans and Spyware or 2. resting on a nightstand at 8200ft. above sea level causing the cooling fans to sound much like a 2-pack-a-day smoker in the prime of emphysema. Either way, it's definitely still operating on borrowed time. *cough* *cough* In recent Cleveland sporting news, welcome back Delonte West! The Cavs put an absolute beat down on the struggling Pistons last night, enjoying a lead that reached as high as 36 points in the first half. It should be duly noted, however, that I missed most of the first quarter simply trying to pop a simple bag of popcorn. I happened to glance over at the microwave shortly after Lebron threw his stardust in front of the scorer's table and much to my dismay, the bag looked weirdly lopsided. Upon further investigation, it became clearly evident that the bag had burst open mid-pop and was spewing molten butter and unpopped kernels along with popped ones everywhere! (*Virus scan just deleted 3 more trojans*) So, I called over Cassius and Lily to help clean up some of the popcorn while I wiped the butter from the walls of the microwave. Then I proceeded to place bag #2 in the microwave all while mixing up a delicious glass off grape Gatorade to wash it down. Mesmerized by both the perfume of the grape Gatorade powder and the Cavs torrid start to the first quarter, I slowly began to also notice the wretched odor of burnt popcorn filling the atmosphere. Hoping that it somehow wasn't true, I slowly pulled open the opposite corners of the bag and plumes of smoke billowed! Finally, on the third try and with the help of Jamie listening guard for those important three seconds between single pops, I successfully removed my delicious treat from the microwave with under 2 minutes remaining in the first quarter! Go Cavs!
Okay... 1... that is hilarious, bringing tears to my eyes... 2... who has time to write that entire blog entry... 3... I am impressed with the narrative skills, Mr. Ashby taught you well... and 4... Cavs win again! 94-79. Loving the blog, keep it up... need to get together soon. Chad
ReplyDelete