Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Break Time

So, I am taking my yearly 4 week hiatus from any physical activity whatsoever. The only objective from which is to basically make sure I don't go over 132lbs or I would probably be forced to retire. Well, not really I suppose. The last week was easy as I drove the Ohio State Cross Country team to North Carolina for their pre-season training camp. My coach just had his baby (Percy Alan Gary) so I covered the first half of the trip and just returned home yesterday. Anyway the team has a chef at the camp that prepares all of the meals so I ate extremely too healthy for a runner on a 'vacation away from running' which basically means I have to crams 4 weeks of fast food, beverage, and Milky Way's into 3....talk about living under pressure! I got off to a great start yesterday on my way home as the only thing I ate for 7 hours was mtn. dew, 3Muskateers, chex mix, jumbo bag of lifesavers, and a jumbo roll of sweetarts. I have found the key to not gaining weight on a break is to eat a ton of junk, then starve yourself for 8-12 hours after and it all evens out. No worries.

Jamie and I are on full baby-house prep mode right now. I have to finish painting and glazing the kitchen cabinets above the countertops this week. I refinished a miniature wooden rocking chair that belonged to Jamie when she was little. Jamie has been busy organizing/condensing/throwing away the 3 bedroom closets that she has absolutely DOMINATED for the past two and a half years. The baby furniture is supposed to be getting delivered literally any minute which we are both pumped about. It's been painted for a while now but just getting actual furniture in there will be a visual cue that 'go-time' is just around the corner. It's going to be a really fun time over next few months with me taking a break from training, OSU football underway, baby-time, and then Holidays! Hope everyone is doing well.

Ohh btw, saw that sign at the cabin our team was staying in last week and thought it was worthy of a Blog Title Pic.







-Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment