Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring is just around the corner...


Nothing much new here, *wink*! I spent most of today outside cleaning up branches and leaves that have continually blown through our yard all winter from the vacant house next to us. I even managed to plant some tulips bulbs that I found still sitting in the garage from last fall that *cough* Jamie *cough* never got around to planting. They were sprouting which I assume means they will still grow. I absolutely can't wait for the leaves to bud and the grass to grow nice and green. It's been a long cold winter for training and that first day on the outdoor track is just around the corner. I am going to open up my outdoor track season with a steeple down at the University of Tennessee on April 11th and then run another steeple at Cal Berkeley on April 24th before heading back home for a 1500m race at the Jesse Owens classic here in Columbus on May 2nd.

After that will be a 3 week training block with no racing before heading off for another 1500m in New York at the Reebok Grand Prix. My last steeple before the US Championships in Oregon will be at the Prefontaine Classic on Sunday, June 7th also at the University of Oregon (Hayward Field pictured above at last year's Olympic Trials). Top 3 at the US Championships will be named to Team USA for the World Championships during August in Berlin, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment