Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's a 'buyer's market'


This house beside us has been sitting vacant for the better part of 15 months now and I thought I would take the realtor's job into my own hands. The guy who lived in it before was one of my favorite's on the block. Apparently he went through a divorce before we moved in, and much like life on Wisteria Lane, some of the neighbors hung him out to dry. I don't know the details and frankly don't care about them. To me, Mike was a great neighbor and helped me out numerous times. You know what I mean....that 24 year old, recently married child who just moved in next door barely owns a hammer, which of course was bought at the dollar general, much less an extension ladder, cordless drill or a reciprocating saw....well, that was me and Mike was the guy who didn't care if I let myself into his garage to borrow anyone of the 3 mentioned above. So, it was a shame to have to help him move out when the time came. His house was beautiful inside, and Jamie and I both commented that if it would have been on the market at the same time as our's, we almost certainly would have bought his. But such is life and now it's one of the millions of short sale homes sitting vacant across the country and what makes it even worse is that apparently during an open house (back before it foreclosed) somehow a faucet was left running and leaked over into the basement and there is mold down there now. Someone on the block said an inspector was in there and we can 'rest assured' that it's not black mold but green mold. Anyway, mold is mold, and it's obviously going to take a little bit of work to get it back to normal which is kind of why I am surprised no one has bought this thing yet. I feel like it could practically be stolen from the bank given it's current status and then with a little bit of an investment, that person would end up having a substantial amount of equity in the house. So, I thought I would take the realtor's job into my own hands....err, not really. Quite frankly, I just don't want to rake all of the leaves that are still left over from the fall again, or mow the yard all summer, again, or pick-up the weekly newspapers from the front porch every Wednesday, again, or gather all of the sticks and limbs from various windstorms that seem to now plague Ohio, again, or explain to what are now not-so-frequent interested buyers the situation with the house, again. So, if you're in the market for a 4-bed, 2.5 bath in beautiful Westerville and you're looking for a home that exudes pride of ownership throughout, is conveniently located just off a quiet cul-de-sac between shops at both Easton and Polaris, has vaulted ceilings with a large master bath, jacuzzi tub, walk-in closets and cozy backyard perfect for entertaining or just relaxing....this is a 'must-see' property. And of course, the cool neighbors just to the North are as good as you'll find. So make an offer; I'll let you borrow my non-existent tool assortment anytime you need!
$$$ Be sure to mention you saw the ad on blogger.com so I can get my own piece of the commission pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment